[Theforum] Closing the contentarchive

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Tue Jan 7 18:12:26 CST 2003

Morgan Kelsey wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > Something else to note is that the level of intervention required by
> > evolt.org types to action requests from people wanting email addresses
> > or passwords spamblocked/blanked was rising somewhat, and I personally
> > think that closing off the archive to prying bots makes a lot of sense
> > from a workload point of view.
> >

> Spiders can be kept at bay with META tags, if that's the issue.

Well behaved spiders, yes, but do you think spambots respect meta tags or
robots exclusion files?

> Personally, I like having the archive public so that when I submit an
> article I can check into the content archive and see how it's
> progressing. I can certainly live without it, as any issues are always
> handled by private email, but I'll miss it nonetheless.

I am unsure if the password is to be distributed outside the content group -
why not ask and find out? :)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like