[Theforum] evolt.org revamp comment period open

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri Jan 31 22:29:43 CST 2003

At 08:20 AM 01-02-03, .jeff wrote:
>my only concern with completely dropping it is that there are some of us
>who've used the service (most notably the pop email account) for 3+ years
>now.  i'd be totally screwed if my meo email account suddenly quit working.

I was talking on Yahoo with Jeff about this and his concern is a fair one.

My solution is a compromise. Stop offering meo email as a POP service and
keep it around only as a forwarding service. There are no domain
registration charges involved, no disk space requirements, and existing
members stay happy, proudly sporting the meo email address (like I have in
my sig.)

HTTP redirects, on the other hand, will do fine with six months of
transition time. IMO.

>sure.  you going to be the one to go update the html in all the articles?

Not much work required, but I suggest we clean up the most recent, say...
50 articles?

Could we do a regexp replace in the db itself to make tags lower-case and
all that?

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon