[Theforum] evolt.org revamp comment period open

Marlene Bruce marlene at members.evolt.org
Sat Feb 1 10:47:18 CST 2003

>| It's like it's own little island. My vote would be to drop it and make
>| the evolt.org member features more involved, so they come more under the
>| weo umbrella. Pretty much as you laid it out.
>
>allthough, i must admit $10 pr month is pretty steep, i couldn't afford
>that on my current salary.

We'll have to take the exact price under advisement. Monthly at $10
may indeed be too high (I pay that for my personal site hosting).

For those who don't feel they can pay $10/month:

* What price sounds good to you? $5? $2?
* If the price were, say $3/month, would you be willing to pay that
in one yearly sum of $36 (with refunds available if you cut your time
short)?

What other options to payment can we think of that actually might be
viable, for those unable to make a minimum payment? Sponsorships?
Scholarships? Work?

>all i'm thinking is that we need someone to catch the ball and run with it.
>is there anyone willing to take on the project management role and carry it
>through december 14th this year?

That's Steering's job.

After we finish our preliminary discussion and vote, the different
committees will have to get to work figuring out their pieces of the
puzzle, and the committee heads which make up Steering will be
responsible (as a body) for guiding progress.

I can't irrevocably commit to being THE whip all year long, but I'll
certainly try to do my part to keep things on track. I'm sure there
are others here who'll continue to nudge things along.

Frankly, we have no choice. We're just barely treading water right
now from a monetary standpoint (thanks to the graciousness of Ron's
company), and it's either sink or swim. If things unravel and our
community and this lists members don't care to keep evolt.org going,
then we'll fold.

But I don't think that'll happen.

Marlene