[theforum] Donation Wall - last chance to comment

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Thu Aug 14 21:27:32 CDT 2003

At 03:09 AM 15-08-03, Martin Burns wrote:
>>you think this will persuade me to give money? no, i'll just feel bitter
>>and perhaps even angry that you're doing this to me
>
>Madhu, you know better than to argue on the basis of "I am the world".

Yes, I know better.

But please read my sentence again, Martin. Actually, read my entire mail again.

I made it clear it's how *I* feel. YMMV.

>You're suggesting that it will reduce donations, not increase them. Sorry
>to say, but experience says the opposite.

Your experience?
Maybe it's a cultural thing then.

I'm not against putting up a list of donors; only against waving those
amounts in my face. What you pay for the Rackshack hosting for a month, for
instance, seems like a relatively small amount, but here it can feed a
family for an entire month.

>The primary one is to reward those who *currently* give and to increase
>the probability of *them* giving again.

This is definitely news to me.

Regards,

Madhu