[theforum] Donation Wall - last chance to comment

Sabrina Dent, Apperception sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Fri Aug 15 23:12:28 CDT 2003

Critically, there is no evolt "we" in this case. Any opinions or reviews
posted are simply the POV of an individual evolter. It's not like
evolt.org itself has an official position that FrontPage Sucks, for
example.

> Will people
> think, "hmmm... Macromedia is their sponsor. Say, don't they
> make Fireworks?"

Advertising is different from sponsorship. I am *very* uncomfortable
with the idea of evolt.org sponsorship. I would prefer to simply solicit
ads ala Isaac's original post on this subject -- we make a short list of
acceptable non-text advertisers for actual image/banner/wahtever ads,
and approach them.

--Bri