[theforum] Suggestion for comment moderation

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 04:27:47 CDT 2003

Hey all,

There has been a little discussion over on content about the disparity
between us not removing posts from thelist archive, but we do moderate
article comments through the 'grrr' mechansism.

Seb suggested that we look at a community moderation system for article
comments whereby members of the community can rate comments and also set a
threshold level for comments they want to read.

For an example see slashdot.org.

I think this is an idea worth thrashing out, so I'm starting the ball rolling.

Thoughts?

G.