[theforum] Happy birthday evolt.org

s t e f stef at nota-bene.org
Sun Dec 14 12:55:18 CST 2003

<quote who="Elfur Logadottir" when="14/12/03 16:08">

> Back in the day (read: early 2002) we had a series of articles called
> Community News [1] where we would publish happenings within the community
> on a monthly basis. It only takes a mail or two to get that series going
> again, so if you feel like sharing your milestones with fellow evolters,
> please send your news via our contact form on
> http://evolt.org/contact/index.html. As an example on how Community News
> have been in the past see Community News March 2002 at
> http://evolt.org/article/Community_News_March_2002/27/22953/index.html.

Hey Elfur,
You know that I was thinking about community news a few days ago (when
you asked about writing a piece about evolt's 5 years) and thought that
it's a shame that it discontinued.

I guess I'll become a little more active and take that in charge somehow
in the next weeks.

Maybe sending a 'call to arms' on thelist every month, a few days before
deadline. Or maybe monthly is too short a rotation, I wonder.

> I want to take this opportunity and thank you all for making evolt.org what
> it is today and what it has been for the past five years. It's been a great
> journey thus far.

Let's pat each other on the shoulder. :)

[theforum]
> That list has been
> somewhat quiet in the past months, but we're starting to work on next
> generation real soon now so this is the time to join if you want your voice
> to be heard.

Maybe that's a good opportunity to begin community news again, as it's
going to show our community's activity (and Martin's good news are going
to come soon, says Madame Sosostris) and participate to the momentum of
the site's next generation.

> Give me five, evolt!
> http://evolt.org/article/happy_fifth/27/60255/index.html

Someone revalidate my article, quick ;-)
(I changed the category to make it match the other two and now of course
it's pending and I can't revalidate it)

--
s t e f
http://www.nota-bene.org/