[theforum] list optimisation

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Tue Mar 16 02:46:15 CST 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 11:57:47PM +0100, s t e f wrote:

> No more steering then? Why not. A point to consider. I'm not attached to
> my steering rep title, mind you. But it sure structures things, doesn't it.

Like you, I'm not too attached to my steering rep title, but I wouldn't see
steering going away, just not having its own list.

Anything requiring a steering vote could still be done by the steering
members, just in full view of theforum (on the list, not via another list),
and I think I prefer that. Everyone thrashes the issue out, then the reps
formalise the view of their groups.

Bit like the Strangers Gallery in the Houses Of Parliament.

... thinking about it, that's not going to work is it? If we're folding
multiple groups in together, then that changes the amount of reps.

... but I like the idea of having some sort of representative commitee
inside theforum that can be called on if there is an issue requiring a quick
and definative vote.

How that would relate to the current steering group, and what changes would
need to be made, I couldn't say right now. It's too early and I need more
coffee.

But I think we're heading in the right direction.

G.