[theforum] list optimisation

Lachlan Cannon lach at illuminosity.net
Tue Mar 16 05:55:06 CST 2004

Garrett Coakley wrote:
> ... but I like the idea of having some sort of representative commitee
> inside theforum that can be called on if there is an issue requiring a quick
> and definative vote.

I'm not sure that I see the need. If there is a quick and definitive
vote, then just call a vote, give a time limit of a day, count them up
and move on it. If people can't make it in time for the vote, too bad.
That's the exact same way it would be with reps anyway.

The other problem with reps as a head responsible person for a group is
that often, people ask the rep to pass something on / do something, when
that person could have done it in the same amount of time just by going
ahead and doing it -- and the rep might even be too busy to get around
to it for weeks, if it's a particularly bad time.
--
Lach
http://illuminosity.net/