[theforum] evolt.org redesign

Lachlan Cannon lach at illuminosity.net
Sat Apr 3 09:12:31 CST 2004

A while ago there was talk of a redesign, that like a lot of things,
dwindled away and never happened. So I decided to do the html/css for
Isaac's mockup myself. It's not perfect. In IE. So it will need some
tweaking, but to try to get the ball rolling maybe, here it is:

<http://illuminosity.net/test/evolt/main.html>

If anybody else wants to dip in and help fix the few remaining issues,
they're quite welcome to. In fact, please do. Also, it needs to be more
widely tested. I've tested it on Win IE/5, Moz 1.6. I suggest that our
requirements be win IE 5+, mac IE, Safari, Moz 1.6, Firefox 0.8 and
Opera 7+.. but of course that's up to the group to decide.

The remaining things not working in IE:

* left hand nav column has too much margin / pad space
* bits of (white) background colour sometimes aren't coloured
* no bottom indent from login / search space to main section
* text area / text input for commenting isn't properly aligned
* main section top nav bar (the white on blue) nav items aren't spacing out
* article details (at top of article) left hand part isn't properly line
spaced
* square list markers don't appear
* member info list (beneath member name) doesn't have borders w/ spaces
in between items
* both main article and right hand info bar disappear beneath the left
hand nav bar at 640 x 480 (while I don't think 640 x 480 needs to be
optimised for, I do think it needs to be usable)
--
Lach
http://illuminosity.net/