[theforum] Lists! (was Re: evolt.org redesign)

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Mon Apr 5 09:29:50 CDT 2004

On 4 Apr 2004, at 18:11, s t e f wrote:

> I see three possiblities:
>
> - Neuro's:
> <http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20040315/
> 000541.html>
>
> * thecontent = content (the input)
> * theprocess = marketing + finance (the ... process!)
> * thedisplay = sysadmin + desdev (the output, or display)
> * theforum   - the intermingling bit
>
> - Martin's:
> <http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20040315/
> 000542.html>
>
> * content: as content now. Answers site contents and edits articles
> * business: provides administrative environment (legal, financial),
> does
> any promotional work, and fundraising
> * technical: makes sure that evolt does has the technical capability to
> support whatever it does, whether that's doing it ourselves, or having
> someone else provide it.
> * theforum (keeping the name for hysterical reasons): provides policy
> and org-wide decision-making

Apart from the cosmetic name question, these are the same thing.

> - Garrett's (and mine):
> <http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20040315/
> 000544.html>
> ... would be to use either organisations described above, but to keep
> steering.
> "I like the idea of having some sort of representative commitee inside
> theforum that can be called on if there is an issue requiring a quick
> and definative vote"

...and this is not mutually exclusive.

So basically we have 2 parts:
1) Combine finance+marketing and sysadmin+desdev
2) bring steering back into the forum in one of the following ways:
      i) keep the steering voting role, but not in a separate list
     ii) losing the role, but being happy to have very short
discussion+vote turnaround time at times

- --