[theforum] Lists! (was Re: evolt.org redesign)

s t e f evolt at nota-bene.org
Wed Apr 7 02:55:06 CDT 2004

<quote who=' Martin Burns'>
[my list of changes as I perceived it]
> Apart from the cosmetic name question, these are the same thing.

Oh, yeah, right.
Take me to your leader again, earthling. :)

>> - Garrett's (and mine):
>> <http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20040315/
>> 000544.html>
>> ... would be to use either organisations described above, but to keep
>>  steering.
>> "I like the idea of having some sort of representative commitee inside
>>   theforum that can be called on if there is an issue requiring a
>> quick   and definative vote"
>
> ...and this is not mutually exclusive.
>
> So basically we have 2 parts:
> 1) Combine finance+marketing and sysadmin+desdev
> 2) bring steering back into the forum in one of the following ways:
>       i) keep the steering voting role, but not in a separate list
>      ii) losing the role, but being happy to have very short
> discussion+vote turnaround time at times

You summed it up nicely.

What I don't get is how we're going to decide it. Are we going for a
general vote on theforum, thus /de facto/ choosing 'ii' out of the 2nd
point? In french we call it a snake-biting-its-tail situation.

What do you think Martin? I think I'm going to take the initiative to call
on a vote.

After all, the whole discussion comes from the lack of pro-active er...
action.

--
s t e f
http://www.nota-bene.org/