[theforum] Vesana network

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Fri May 21 00:09:38 CDT 2004

Elfur Logadóttir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know a thing or two about Vesana Network?

yup. Thing #1: Madhu's blog is hosted there http://www.madmanweb.com
(see bottom of right column).  perhaps the $3.90 was on his account (so
to speak)

> But about any sort of affiliation between evolt.org and Vesana?
> 10% cut for us?

yup Thing #2: according to Marlene back in december,
http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20031215/000510.html
there was just such an affiliate arrangement offered by Vesana (in the
form of evolter Ben Varadi, back in 2002) and i assume accepted by
evolt.

> I ask because we just received a $3.90 payment ... A 10% of $39
> purchase and at the same time we were bashed (well maybe that's too
> strong of a word) for not promoting the affiliation.

the deal was apparently never added to the donations & affiliates page,
and Ben was apparently rather disappointed -- can't blame him.  IMO the
deal should have been promoted then, and should be promoted now.

so, would someone in content please step up and add Vesana.com to the
help_support_evolt page?  somewhere right around where it says "We will
be adding to this list as new partnerships are formed" would be just
great :-)

if such a someone is willing to add the blurb but is bogged down
soul-searching for *just* the right wording, feel free to shamelessly
lift and twist the copy from: http://www.nten.org/discounts#vesana
another nonprofit-friendly organization with whom Vesana apparently
has an identical arrangement.

-dave