[theforum] Can't get on steering, finance or sysadmin

Paul Waring paul at rixort.com
Fri May 21 12:40:45 CDT 2004

Joel D Canfield wrote:
> 1. Want to see more articles? I dinna check to see if you've authored
> any, but if you want more articles, feel free to get the ball rolling
> with one of your own

I authored one so far, PHP Coding Guidelines, which got a reasonable
response. If I think of another topic that needs covering I'll write
another one.

> 2. Good community atmosphere? Perhaps you didn't mean it this way, but
> your message had an angry sarcastic overtone. Good community atmosphere
> will be helped by community-friendly behaviour.

It wasn't meant to be come across like that. Annoyed yes, angry and
sarcastic no (apart from the Christmas 2010 jab).

> Yeah, I used to live at evolt.org, then life got in the way. Ended my
> 23-year marriage, got remarried, had the most beautiful baby ever born,
> moved from SoCal to NorCal (yeah, that's as big a change as getting
> married again) and went from employed to unemployed to self-employed to
> employed. It's been tough to contribute. But evolt.org isn't *broken*,
> and it's not 'going downhill' nor has it died. New articles aren't as
> frequent, but they're still coming.

I never said it was broken or had died, only that it is not as good as
it used to be, which I don't think it is. That's only my opinion, yours
may (and appears to) differ.

Paul