[theforum] Can't get on steering, finance or sysadmin

Paul Waring paul at rixort.com
Sun May 23 04:40:26 CDT 2004

Elfur Logadóttir wrote:
> Of course it's not all about Jeff in that sense. But it's about respecting
> his work and his contribution ... I think it takes a good argument and a
> good consensus to make the decision to scrap what we have. I however think
> that that argument could be made and that consensus could be reached but
> it's not going to be with ease of  mind.

Surely everyone does respect his work and contribution though - given by
the posts to theforum over the last couple of days on this subject I'd
say that's the case. You can respect someone's contribution whilst at
the same time saying how it could be improved - if this wasn't possible
no-one would get anything done on the majority of the sites I visit.

My point in the other posts was that I don't think we should sit about
doing nothing because someone else has contributed a lot in the past and
continues to do so.

Paul