[theforum] RSS?

liorean liorean at f2o.org
Mon May 24 01:42:58 CDT 2004

William Anderson wrote:
> Drew Shiel wrote:
>> Is there an RSS feed of evolt.org?
> Can we *please* for the love of $deity put one of those ickle orange XML
> buttons on the sidebar of weo linking directly to the RSS feed - I've
> asked for this already on the 8th of April and gotten a brush-off from
> Jeff, but still people have to ask for it because it's not made clear we
> even *have one*!  Please!

If would be so much nicer if people stopped using 'XML' where they really mean 'RSS', or even 'RSS#' for the most part, since RSS is not internally compatible between versions... Please, if you put such a button there, don't use one of those labelled 'XML' or 'RDF'. XML and RDF are so much broader languages than RSS/Atom - the association between news feeds and 'XML' established by  those buttons damages XML at a whole.

--
David "liorean" Andersson

ViewStyles, ViewScripts, SwitchStyles and GraphicsInfo bookmarklets:
<http://liorean.web-graphics.com/>
Hangouts:
<http://codingforums.com/> <http://yourmusicforums.com/>