[theforum] RFC: w.e.o and l.e.o Server Integration

John Handelaar john at videoisland.com
Thu Jun 3 10:17:38 CDT 2004

On Thursday 03 June 2004 16:00, David Kaufman wrote:
> WRT to upgrading, it would see to me
> that we can, could and should simply upgrade the box at
> any time we please by merely
>
>   1) renting new box for a one-month overlap
>   2) migrating everything to new box in < 30 days
>   3) canceling old box before new charges are incurred
>
> also *two* boxes might not be out of the question, if
> monthly rates in "the matrix" continue to tumble :-)

If we're going to be honest, we'd be smart to assume
therefore that migrating to a different Servermatrix box
would set us back about US $200.  I have to say I'd be
voting for the biggest and fastest box we can get for
$99/month - that would certainly obviate the need to make
such a switch in under 12 months, possibly longer, and I'm
fairly confident it could run our main web presence later
if we chose to do that.

Oh, btw, for those of us who wouldn't know, I'm one of the
eouk people who admins the current server and the person
who did most of the migration work last time around for the
lists.

jh