[theforum] Motoring on: drupalising weo

Martin Burns yumyum at easyweb.co.uk
Mon Nov 22 16:42:41 CST 2004

On Mon, November 22, 2004 4:42 pm, Martin Burns said:
> Right, now we've agreed nearly unanimously what we're going to do, let's
> get to it!
>
> Right now, I can see 5 basic tasks:
>
> 1) Implement functionality

> 2) Implement presentation layer

> 3) Migrate data

> 4) Test site

> 5) Notify members

> 6) Party

Plan:
http://www.easyweb.co.uk/temp/weo_move.png

Note that the timescales are *very* tight to be able to hit the anniversary.

I reckon we should handle the following:
1.1
1.2
1.3
2.1
here and the rest on desdev.

On that basis, I'm going to launch 2 threads on:
1) Design basics, essentially proposing that we go with the new design
(still being refined), not the current one.

2) Requirements basics, based on john's grid

and if no-one responds, I'm going to assume assent to the proposals I put
in them. This is only because of the tight timescales.

"Names, once they are in common use   | Spammers: Send me email to
 quickly become mere sounds, their    | -> yumyum at easyweb.co.uk <- to train
 etymology being buried, like so many | my filter. Currently killing over
 of the earth's marvels, beneath the  | 99.8% of all known spams stone dead.
 dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie     |
http://nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam

Wooden toys for toddlers:
http://www.purpur.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=95