[theforum] Happy New Year, Happy New Site

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Mon Jan 10 07:53:13 CST 2005

Stéphane Deschamps (nota-bene.org) <stephane.deschamps at gmail.com> wrote:

> David Wagner wrote:
>> ...I'm offering my services to Evolt for
>> the first time in quite awhile. As far as I know, Jeff still lives
>> here in Eugene, and I'd be happy to set up a face-to-face meeting
>> with him to see about negotiating a better arrangement. This really
>> shouldn't be happening this way at all.
>>

> I seem to remember that the last time Jeff posted to this list he
> stated that he was quite busy, so it would be better to emailk him
> directly, I expect.
> (and sorry for having been so silent lately, long story)

I have noticed that I *never* get an email response from jeff if I cc
any of the evolt lists, but I *always* get a reply if I email him
"privately", which leads me to suspect that his email is filtered by
to/cc address, and anything to the evolt lists, even if cc'd to him
directly, gets dumped into the same folder as the evolt lists, a folder
that he ignores because he has neither the time (nor posssibly the
inclination) to read.

The last time I spoke to him about getting this data, he was *willing*
to do so, but unable to think of a way to "export" it from Microsoft SQL
Server 6 to a format that would preseve the multiline text and "funny
characters" into a format we could import into another db.  And I didn't
(and still don't) know enough about MS SQL Server 6 to suggest a
solution.  Maybe if we have some MS-SQL6 guru around here that can
provide him with a simple step-by-step procedure that he can follow to
export the data, he would be responsive to that request.

And if the export is so big it takes the form of a CD ROM... then maybe
David Wagner can pay him a visit to sneaker-net it out of Jeff's hands,
if he balks at snail-mailing it to us :-)

-dave