[theforum] Launch deadline

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Mon Apr 4 07:06:03 CDT 2005

Martin Burns wrote:
> [snip]
>
> See above. William has the data. John needs to take part in the
> massaging. Other than that, no-one's saying much and are complaining
> greatly whenever anyone asks the (I would have thought reasonable)
> questions "what's going on, what needs to be done, who's doing it and
> when?".

*I* don't have the data, *evolt* has the data; it's been sitting in my
staff-readable home directory on tempest since March 19th, at which time I
told #evolt that it had been done and where it was.  You, John and others
were in the channel at the time, so you can't say you didn't know where the
data dump was.  It's in tempest:~neuro/evolt.org.zip for theforum's record.

The difference between asking who can organise a data migration from the MS
SQL dump to the MySQL database on tempest and ordering people to do things
when their personal timetable may prevent doing otherwise is marked.  I came
home last night from a 12 and a half hour shift to find you'd been snarking
away on #evolt about my apparent holding onto the database.

I've not had *one* direct email or phone call directly about this, and I've
just been too plain busy to keep an eye on either #evolt or theforum for the
last few days due to work commitments.

Please do get your house in order before talking about being "reasonable",
and please, *please* tone your language so that you sound more like making a
request and less like issuing an order.

> [snip]
>
> Anyway, the move can happen when:
> 1) The weo data is imported to drupal
> 2) All the teo settings and skin files are copied over
> 3) The DNS is switched

No DNS changes are required; www.evolt.org and evolt.org point to tempest,
tempest's Apache is using mod_proxy to reverse proxy the current site from
Jeff's server, so all that's required for a swichover is a virtual host
reconfiguration.  I've said this for a while now.

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | "There's something about records which is
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |  really satisfying."