[theforum] Stepping Down

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Wed Apr 6 04:40:02 CDT 2005

Hey everyone,

Since the end of last year it has become painfully apparent to me, that
due to other commitments I haven't been able to devote as much time as
I would like to my role as an evolt.org administrator, both on the
content list and as a representative for the Design/Development group.

I also have other prospective interests that I wish to pursue, making
my available time even scarcer. Something has to change.

It is therefore with much regret that, effectively immediately, I'm
stepping down from my role as an evolt.org administrator and Steering
group representative. I will also be unsubscribing from the content and
other administration lists.

The upshot is that evolt.org needs someone who is able to contribute as
much time as the position deserves, which I feel I am no longer able to
do. Far better for me to step aside now and let someone else take my
place
instead of holding on to a vague promise that my situation will change.

Please don't take this to mean I am leaving evolt.org entirely. I will
be staying subscribed to theforum and contributing what and when I can
that way. I will also be around on thechat and the #evolt IRC channel.

This is a fantastic group of people from whom I have learnt so much
through everyone's generosity and willingness to share over the years.
Not only that, but I have made friends here that (i hope) will be
friends for
life, and that's something pretty special.

I want to thank everyone that's devoted time, energy, blood, sweat and
tears to evolt.org in the past, and I wish you all the best of luck for
the future.

G.