[theforum] Last Chance! Test plan and other stuff that needs to get done

Martin Paul Burns martin.burns at uk.ibm.com
Wed Jul 6 04:33:01 CDT 2005

Adrianux wrote on 05/07/2005 21:03:19:

> Stephane Deschamps wrote:
> > I have some remarks (no labels on fields, etc)
> What were you looking at though?
> http://test.evolt.org/
> or
> http://evolt.userfrenzy.com/
>
> I'm not sure if teo has been updated to the same version of Drupal as
> evolt.userfrenzy.com, it certainly doesn't have the most recent data.
>
> Which begs the larger question of which site the testers should be
testing...

http://evolt.userfrenzy.com/
is the release candidate. Despite the URL, it is living on tempest - an
easy misunderstanding to make (well, I already made it!).

It has the up to date data. It has the target version of Drupal. It has the
evolt theme directly copied from teo. It should have all the target modules
installed.

The task is to identify:
1) Where the new version of Drupal has caused issues with the theme
2) Where modules are missing

To this end, *some* comparison with teo is probably useful.

For the future, I'd strongly expect teo to remain separate, as a
development & testing environment, as it was in days of yore, with updates
being packaged up and ported to weo.

> > Is it the right time to submit a change in the top navbar?
> > (icons not clickable are bad, I'm volunteering on rewriting it quickly)
> Agreed, but there was general comment on the suckiness of the theme, and
> suggestions of having a competition or working on the theme more
> once we'd made
> the change over...actually at this rate that will be a while so you
should
> probably go ahead and fix that before the testing starts :/

That was more for the theme in principle, rather than the implementation.
If it's an implementation issue, then sure, let's fix it now!