[theforum] Design Competition: last chance for comment

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Wed Mar 1 10:41:46 CST 2006

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 17:27:00 +0100, Richard Bennett <richard.bennett at skynet.be> wrote:
> Hi,
> You don't seem to have reserved the right not to use any submissions for
> the
> evolt site. What happens if there are only 2 submissions, and they are
> both
> pretty bad?
> Like I read it now you'll be obliged to use the least bad one for the live
> site.
>
> It might be better to make the current design an automatic competition
> entry,
> so if all other designs are worse, the current one wins...

Good point. Updated accordingly.

I've also clarified that entrants can incorporate other peoples' work (eg
script.aculo.us, glish layouts etc), as long as it's done with proper attribution
and obeys licensing, and reserved us the right to take features from multiple entries
if that's helpful (I'm thinking about visual styling from one, interactivity from
another).

http://wiki.evolt.org/wiki?title=2006_WEO_Design_Contest&diff=0&oldid=1614

"Names, once they are in common use   | Spammers: Send me email to
 quickly become mere sounds, their    | -> yumyum at easyweb.co.uk
 etymology being buried, like so many | my filter. Currently killing over
 of the earth's marvels, beneath the  | 99.9% of all known spams stone dead.
 dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie     | http://nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam