[theforum] some questions about evolt.org

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Fri Apr 7 16:11:13 CDT 2006

Dear All,

As some of you may know, we've been reviewed as case study on the Second
Edition of Rosenfeld and Morville's Information Architecture for the
World Wide Web book... considered the bible for us IAs.

Nowdays they are working on the Third Edition of the book, and I'm
giving them a hand on editing the chapter 21 "evolt.org: An Online
Community"

I've run into some differences between the site that was reviewed then
and what we have nowdays, and as you may also know, I have a bad bad
memory, so I need some help figuring out how some things happened.

1
What's the current memebership count for thelist?

2
... for thesite?

3
The review goes back to the time when we didn't have a budget. As far as
I can remember we now have to pay for (some or all?) of our servers on a
monthly basis, and this is being successfully covered by donations (are
there more important sources of funding?)

4
Is there a Steering Committee still in place? what are its functions and
privileges?

5
Member profiles on WEO used to display the author's article list and
tips. This is no longer available. Was this something we lost when
moving into drupal for lack of labor-power?

6
m.e.o. is no longer working. Why was this, lack of servers?

7
was it the same case with d.e.o.?

that's it for now, I may come up with more questions as I work on this.

thanks in advance for the great help!
javier