[theforum] Vote Request

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Thu Sep 7 14:06:46 CDT 2006

Alan Lloyd suggested disbanding a couple of lists and asked a question
on financing:

>>thesite   - no messages since Feb 2006
>>steering  - no messages since April 2005 marketing - no messages since
March 2004
>>finance   - no messages since October 2005
>>DesDev    - no messages since June 2006

>>I suggest disbanding them and moving all these groups functionality
back to theforum.

Hi Alan,

I suspect the lions share of any discussions that would have made use of
those lists are currently taking place on the evolt IRC channel.  In
other words, I don't think its so much that those groups or that
functionality is no longer needed or being addressed - I just think its
being meted through a different medium today.

I suspect you will hear more on that once the UK contingent 'wakes up'!
;-)

Since I'm not actually doing any of that work myself I don't have any
strong feelings on what vehicle should be used.  If the folks doing the
work are comfortable with IRC, then I'm okay with that.  If they want it
on a list so there is an archive, I'm okay with that too.

>>On another note how is evolts finances? Who pays the server bill now?

Hmmmm ... Last I heard I thought it was Dave Kaufman ... but I really
haven't been keeping too close a track.  I'm sure someone who knows for
sure will jump in momentarily and set us straight.

Being world-wide means our votes and discussions take a little longer to
work their way through various time / space / tandoori zones.  Lets be
patient.  HTH,

RonL.