[theforum] Vote Request

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Thu Sep 7 15:19:03 CDT 2006

On 7 Sep 2006, at 21:07, Luther, Ron wrote:

> * Ummmmm, I don't use IRC personally. (I don't believe my office
> permits
> that.)  My *impression* is that a lot of the 'day to day' operational
> type decisions/fixes/etc are hammered out via IRC.

Not so much these days. There have been brief discussions every now
and again, but the #evolt channel has always been more closely
aligned with thechat than anything. It's like a coffee shop where
people occasionally talk shop.

Like you say, it's been used in the past to grab an admin for server/
mailing list issues and to chew the fat about issues arising on here
(although the latter happens less and less), but as I remember it,
all votes and in-depth discussions took place here so there was a
record of what was said and the resolution that we decided on (the
right way to do it IMO, paper trails are a big plus for an org such
as this).

G.

   Home: http://polytechnic.co.uk
Photos: http://flickr.com/photos/garrettc