[theforum] Reviving evolt [was: Vote Request]

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Sep 7 19:35:26 CDT 2006

On 8 Sep 2006, at 01:23, Max Schwanekamp wrote:

> Also, why doesn't evolt have a blog feature?  A multiuser blog
> might work
> well toward getting some involvement.

*cough*
http://planet.evolt.org/
*cough*
Trailed on the footer of every thechat post.

> A lot of us devs either don't want to spend the time setting up a
> blog,

Ah come *on* - if my entirely non-geeky Quaker Missionary (yes
really) friend Anna can set up a Blogger account, it shouldn't be
beyond the wit of evolters.

> or have a blog and often preface their
> posts with "sorry it's been so long since I last posted."

which wouldn't be cured by a multiuser blog.

> Not sure what it would entail to do this in Drupal...

About 5 minutes. Once the IA is defined.

> PS - what is beo?  browsers.evolt.org?

Yep

> If so, how does that generate revenue?

The magic of Adsense.