[theforum] whither deo..?

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Tue Sep 19 16:37:57 CDT 2006

Joel D Canfield agreeably noted:

> -- We could 'freeze' it and not allow any further updates until we
> come up with a better scheme for allowing updates.

>>>I'm thinking that's a 'bingo' there, Cap'n Ron.

Arrrrrrrrr, Laddie!

... And that's where them scurvy scalawag ideas have walked the
procedural plank in the past.  We needs a way to agree ta it, be it a
vote (raise yer hooks) or a duel to the ouch (death is soooooo
overrated).  Then we needs a salty dog to rip out the 'suggest a link'
code on the test deck.  Then we needs some testy testers to inspect the
deck a'prior to impl'm'n't'ng!

>>> . . . but since I'm really a displaced Irishman, you didn't mean me)

Mooo!  [1]

RonL.

[1] I believe it's from an old Bloom County cartoon where some character
replys, with theatrically exaggerated disdain and a dismissive hand
wave, "Mooo. Baaa. Pffft.  Whatever."  Seemed rather royal in a way.

[2] You know I couldn't let 19-Sep go by without an "Avast" or two.