[theforum] MOD: Hold Messages By Default

Dean Mah dean.mah at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 09:49:56 CST 2006

I've changed all lists (except content) to hold messages from
non-members rather than to automatically reject.  For each automatic
rejection, an e-mail is sent to the poster which is usually a fake
address.  If you hold the messages, you can set mailman to not send a
notification which prevents the queue from being flooded.  I've also
set it so that the list owner (David) should only get a notification
of held messages once a day.  (David, let me know if this isn't the
case and for which list.)

Dean