[theforum] [Fwd: [thelist] found a mirror of thelist archives]

Dean Mah dean.mah at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 21:37:24 CDT 2007

On 10/23/07, Joel D Canfield <joel at streamliine.com> wrote:

> Re: email addresses: thelist doesn't obfuscate either, does it?
>
> joel

That's a separate issue that I wanted to bring up.  Should we be doing
more to protect our subscribers from e-mail harvesting?  For instance,
css-d doesn't include e-mail addresses at all.  (Although it hasn't
helped their archive--it's filled with spam.  And yes, I let Eric
know.)  As well, should we TinyURL, or similar, links that get posted
to thelist and obfuscate "personal" information in e-mails?  Every
once in awhile, content receives a message about someone wanting to
remove a post from thelist because the content causes them
embarrassment, harassment, etc.

Dean