[theforum] [Fwd: [Content] Feedback: Please remove my name]

Paul Waring paul at xk7.net
Wed Nov 7 14:50:17 CST 2007

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 10:06:53AM -0800, Joel D Canfield wrote:
> Which approach is likely to garner greater support from the community at
> large, and future potential members of the community: this, or "sure,
> we'd love to help" ? I prefer the latter.

That's a fair point - I think "get stuffed" is the correct response to
anyone who comes charging in with threats of legal action, perhaps a
politer "we'd like to help, but we simply can't because of {X, Y, Z}
technical reasons" for the people who ask nicely. I still think "no, we
can't/won't do that" (albeit worded politely) should be the
response/policy though.

Paul

--
Paul Waring