[theforum] RE: evolt.org article submission

ekm at seastorm.com ekm at seastorm.com
Wed Oct 1 11:36:44 CDT 2008

Thanks, yes, I'd love to be part of the content team. *Sign Me Up* !

Re: Submission

1. I click submit on the left-hand side, and I get here
http://evolt.org/submit
That page advises me to be a member of evolt.org (check) and includes
three bullet points to read.

2. bullet #2
http://evolt.org/node/60285
includes two links to "article submission page"
http://evolt.org/node/add/story

3. by this point, no, I'm not logged in and so when I click that link, I
get this message:

"Access denied
You are not authorized to access this page."

I honestly did not know I was getting these messages because I wasn't
logged in.  Add to that, I don't think I ever log OUT of evolt.org... it
logs me out... which is understandable... but the whole process is
confusing.  Now that I know... I came to this page and logged in... and am
immediately sent to my bio/profile page... so I have to try and find the
link again, paste it into my browser, and NOW I CAN SUBMIT!! YAY!

Instead of "access denied" (which I was regarding as more broken links) I
think a way better message would be more along the lines of "you must be
logged in to view this page" and an option to log in or register... and
then once you log in... you're sent to the same page (not to your profile
page)

just my 2 cents... (I don't know how to make a cents sign with my Windows
2000 keyboard...)

Erika "idiot user extraordinaire"