[theforum] Challenging Drupal: Put up or shut up

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sun Oct 12 09:59:54 CDT 2008

On 12 Oct 2008, at 13:30, Elfur Logadóttir wrote:

> .:| Right. I want to put this to bed.
>
> Why, Martin, why on earth did you?

Because I will not have offlist sniping distracting from this.

If someone has a positive goal that's different from where we're
going, all fine; let's get it out on the table and have an open
discussion. And if that goal is better than where we're already
heading, great. I'm sure as hell not a Drupal zealot that insists
there can never be anything better.

But unfocused 'your thing sucks' is very counterproductive -
particularly in private where it can't be disproven - and has already
sown a degree of FUD. We had enough of that 4 years ago. I thought
we'd all grown past that.

> Completely uncalled for, if you ask me.

Only if offlist sniping that distracts us from moving forward is A
Good Thing.

So, enough meta-discussion. If someone *does* have a better[1]
alternative[2], bring it on. Otherwise, let's get on with the task at
hand.

[1] Where 'better is a net comparison that factors in the pain of
migration
[2] That actually exists in demonstrable, supported code used by
multiple organisations