[theforum] Drupal system reqs

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Tue Oct 14 23:51:25 CDT 2008

"Martin Burns" <martin at easyweb.co.uk> wrote:

> On 14 Oct 2008, at 18:54, John Handelaar wrote:
>
>> That now goes treble since we apparently have a new server running
>> Etch anyway.
>
> For those playing along at home:
> http://lists.evolt.org/sysadminarchive/2008-October/003297.html
>
> Feckin' rock! Dave, you da *man*!
>
> (and I presume that the end result of the etch/lenny/hardy discussion
> will run on it anyway - just let us know when it's ready to start
> working on)
>
> Do we have a hostname? (Hamlet? Lear? Othello? Buhler?)

*cough* Actually, Martin you know damned good and well that "tempest" is
not a Wiggledagger reference.

Everyone (by which I mean me) knows that tempest was envisioned to be the
first in a large rack of computing machines named after classic video
games.  IMO, as host naming schemes go, classic video games trumps classic
literature every time.

So some other suggestions that come to mind (slanted heavily of course, by
my North American 80's teendom) might be: galaga, tron, centipede, pong,
joust, qbert, arkanoid, qix, defender, frogger, gyruss, and galaxian (in
order of my high scores, iirc).  qix, tron and pong get the nod for
shortest and easiest to type.

Needless to say, when I should have been reading schoolbooks, I was cutting
school and feeding quarters into to the tempest machine in the local pizza
joint.  Wait a minute though... I think "Buhler" does ring  bell.  What was
he King of again?

-dave