[theforum] milestones... nudge, nudge

ekm at seastorm.com ekm at seastorm.com
Thu Oct 16 12:30:59 CDT 2008

Jeremy wrote:
>> *) Develop templates for new site
> I would think this would be totally independent of the rest of the things
> on the list, other than launching the new site.

>From a front-end standpoint, knowing how far out to expect a test server
w/ Drupal 6 is going to affect choices we make about when to complete
design and when and how to start templating.

Furthermore, if we are looking at a matter of MONTHS rather than weeks for
Drupal 6 on t.e.o, AND IF waiting for Drupal 6 before templating, is the
most efficient thing to do, I'll float the idea of attacking CONTENT
*before* (or simultaneously with) design/templating.   That way, one part
of the project doesn't stymie another part.

So for a lot of us, knowing what the other groups/members timelines are
like, will be helpful to developing our own.  Also, knowing that even if
it's quiet on the list, people are somewhere working on their portion of
things, and that if they aren't, that we'll know sooner rather than later,
should be a bit of a comfort.

Also, +1 on putting the teamwork url on the footer.  I'm not quite sure
yet how to interface the wiki w/ the rest of it....

Erika