[theforum] beo beo beo beo beo beo beo beo

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sun Oct 19 15:41:28 CDT 2008

lo troops,

if you say something often enough, it becomes meaningless.  Unless you
say "beo" for 5 minutes, and it simply makes you sound like a raving
lunatic.

Spurred by recent spurrings, I've been spurred to spur together a little
spur-shaped drupal test of what beo can and should look like in our spur
world order.

http://browsers.evolt.zensoft.net/

Spur.  This is purely a tech demo, please don't create accounts or
anything, I'll just delete them.  If you click all the way through to a
file, you'll be redirected to the real beo, albeit a streamlined test
download page using a simpler list of download links to mirrors.

The drupal end uses the filebrowser module[1].  This then uses a
redirect to beo, and a hacked version of our own (well, my own)
download.php takes over.

Funnily enough, I was working on this when Erika pinged me about beo.

Oh, and speaking of beo, we're short on mirrors since most of them have
bailed on us in one way or another (sing the praises of
mirrorservice.org at this point, please), so I've lit up another to give
us ... two.  Yay.  Two!  Hosting is cheap!

-n

[1] http://drupal.org/project/filebrowser