[theforum] about us draft (& copyright question)

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Mon Oct 27 18:47:08 CDT 2008

about us (secondary page)
in a community created and maintained by web professionals.

The name evolt was selected as a combination of  "the best elements of
evolution, revolution, with a bit of voltage thrown in for good measure."

Important tenants of evolt have always been:

- evolt is non-commercial - we generate just enough income to stay alive
va donations, evolt-gear, and limited advertising on our browser archive.

- evolt is inspired by open source development model as described in
Eric Raymond's essay "The Cathedral and the Bazaar." evolt
administrators keep processes (and our archive) open and accessible.

- copyright stays with original authors.  Beyond our archive, evolt does
not claim rights to anything published on its site or email lists.
Authors own their work and have the right to republish as they see fit.

  ***QUESTION: should we have some kind of guidelines about how often
something may be published, if at all BEFORE it is submitted to evolt as
an article???  IOW, shall we request "first publication rights" or...?***