[theforum] history draft

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Thu Oct 30 02:45:08 CDT 2008

Elfur Logadóttir wrote:
> .:| Thanks, Elfur.  Can you say a bit more about "surviving the changes"?
>
> Has nothing to with content and every thing to do with structure. And how
> our structure has nearly killed us on more than one occation.

haven't the most dangerously weak areas of our structure been the
centralized areas?  IOW, when the site is hosted on one member's server,
w/ no backups elsewhere?  those are the times we've been (rightfully)
worried, no?

one person should never have the ability to make or break any part of
evolt weo/leo/beo.  IMO.

I was having this argument w/ a former admin who was saying maybe we
should have had a "dictator" all along.  I firmly disagree and I think
that even if stuff is a bit dusty, the significant fact is that we have
survived and we can always build on what we (still) have.

> As well as with the changes of webdev culture and sites selecting niches
> rather than staying general as evolt has done.

what is /. like these days?...(should check it out)

Erika