[theforum] Nasty accusations: knock it off

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Mon Nov 17 19:53:33 CST 2008

Martin Burns wrote:
> On 17 Nov 2008, at 21:56, Tara Cleveland wrote:
>
>> Since I don't actually have any income right now it's
>> possible that I'm particularly sensitive to this,
>
> Tara, you spend more on yarn than I can afford to spend on *anything*
> rn.
> I call nasty, vindictive, patronising, special pleading bullshit.
>
> If you choose not to give, fine. Don't waste your pleading on us
> charity cases whose family you're currently offering to take to
> Barbados.

What the fuck, sir.  Please, please take this to a phone call with Tara
to talk this out, or just leave it alone.  This is absolutely not the
face that evolt.org should be showing, ever, never mind at a time when
we're supposed to be getting ready to celebrate.

Seriously, stop this.  By all means, continue other discussions with
decorum, but if you reply to Tara or anyone else like this again, I'll
boot you off theforum mailing list, professionalism be damned

If you, Martin, have something to say about what I've said above, stop,
breathe, count to 10, and if you still feel the same way, call me;
either you or Lucy should still have my mobile number, it's not changed.

-n