[theforum] back to basics

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Tue Nov 18 07:20:36 CST 2008

William Anderson ... nail, head ... <something happened />:

>>... we've been focusing on tenvolt being some sort of relaunch.
>>Why don't we use our tenth anniv. to stand up and say "we're evolt,
>>we still want to be relevant, help us reinvent ourselves in our 2nd decade",

Hear, hear!

Putting on my practical shoe, this is where we were going to end up anyway.  Viewing the anniversary as a deadline only sets folks up for disillusionment and disappointment if any expectations go unfulfilled. (I've also heard tell that there is a wee slight dram of a chance that impending deadlines _may_ make some folks a bit testy.  Probably just an urban legend.  But meh, why risk it?)

Putting on my glamour scuff, ... [Hey!  Quit looking!] It makes more sense to embrace this milestone positively with a reaffirmation of the energy that the fledgling evolt was best known for.  It that sense, I feel we are already well poised for success.  Our renewed activity, enthusiasm (and yes, some of our infamous squabbling) is certainly palpable and, IMVHO, most heartily welcome.

Now lets start using that newly-refound confidence in our collective competence to go out there and kick some bit's a@@!

Limping along in my mis-matched shoes,
RonL.

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by."