[theforum] A sound of silence

Simon MacDonald simonmacdonald at uk2.net
Thu Nov 20 08:19:32 CST 2008

So far so good. I've got a basic theme/template working on my localhost.
Much easier to construct than joomla ( helps that Drupal has better docs).
I'm going to rebuild my static web site and improve the design (hopefully!)
over the next week or so. Currently working on the css. I'm going through
the fixed vs fluid debate in my head at the moment. I've tended to be in the
fixed camp, but I've (almost) decided to try a fluid design. I've been
reading Mark Boulton's posts[1] on Adaptive Fluid designs using the golden
grid, so I'm going to see if can do that in Drupal.

Wish me luck ...

[1]
http://www.markboulton.co.uk/journal/comments/five_simple_steps_to_designing
_grid_systems_part_5/