[theforum] A sound of silence

Elfur Logadóttir elfur at elfur.is
Thu Nov 20 16:05:05 CST 2008

.:| From: Matt Warden
.:|
.:| Time to go home early from the job site and watch football instead.

Oh, wait, you weren't joking? Please ignore my last post then.

.:| Yup. Doesn't matter if no one uses it.
.:| Yup. Nearly non-existent. Doesn't matter if no one has a reason to
.:| read it.
.:| Yup, yup. Doesn't matter if there's no content to delete, no user
.:| identities to steal, no user impact to downtime.
.:|
.:| I can't get excited about building (or configuring) a home that no
.:| one
.:| is going to live in, and I doubt I'm alone. evolt doesn't need a face
.:| lift or an upgrade to PHP5; it needs its community back.

Hold on ... does Ruby on rails (or the house building) create (resize?) the
community?

Do I sense your comments correctly in that regard? That we don't have a
proper community today because noone had to work hard to build or maintain a
bespoke solution?

Or am I misunderstanding your response again?

Thanks
/elfur