[theforum] A sound of silence

Simon MacDonald simonmacdonald at uk2.net
Fri Nov 21 13:34:38 CST 2008

I offered help a couple of weeks ago - is this an interview? ;)

Adriunx suggested I bring myself up to speed with Drupal - doing that by
building a theme/template for my own static site.

Other  stuff from my previous post:
>- Javascript/Ajax
>- HTML/XHTML
>- CSS
>- PHP
>- very limited Perl
>- some front end design skills
>- technical authoring/editing
>- I can do project management/SCRUM stuff - but only if you put gun to my
head
>- I like mindmaps
>- Apache skills - enough to run my localhost
>- very small *inx skills - I'm a windoze guy ( no Mac either - despite my
name)
>- lots of general pc techy stuff
>- done some fiddling with ZenPhoto, ZenCart, Joomla - Drupal is next on my
list - but I'm a quick study

Got 30+ years experience in coding (also, but not current, Assembler, COBOL,
VB, some ASP, some Java), large system design, non-functional design, DBA,
tech support, enterprise architecture, SOA, and  latterly, since mosaic or
so, some experience in building web stuff - probably badly - but learning
better things thanks to evolt, ALA, etc.

So yeah I can write articles - but I'm a new guy on the block, still gauging
what's going on - I'll help where I can. I'm more of a techy but I can do
the PM stuff - want some help with organising goals, milestones, etc, then
I'm happy to do that.

I understand you don't know me, but The Offer is Open.

Regard

Simon

Simon MacDonald
http://lemonslicedesign.com