[theforum] CSS display issues on about us page

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Mon Nov 24 13:41:23 CST 2008

>>> Even though you don't like the looks of it, you should never loose the
>>> semantics of the correct order, right?
>> That is not how I operate.
>
> well. I thought that we always use the correct structure (semantics) h2,
> followed by h3, followed by h4, and changed the looks of each h* rather
> than skipping h3 because they don't look good. Do you operate differently?
>
> /elfur

Right.  The way I operate is that I do *not* subvert semantic structure
in order to try to make headlines "look" nice with existing CSS. And to
think I would deliberately do so, is almost insulting.  I'm a front-end
developer, and a pretty decent one at that.

You'd find me using inline styles first.  But I'm not doing that either.

I had these running on t.e.o. which has a totally different CSS, I just
moved them over.  Fixing errors bit by bit, if no one else fixes them first.

I feel like focusing on a markup error in my work is redirecting focus
from making a potentially useful global changes to the site.

Erika