[theforum] t.e.o in google results

Drs M. Feenstra, MALD, MBA marcel at wintasy.com
Wed Nov 26 14:17:00 CST 2008

Erika wrote:

> Can we do something (more) to stop google from indexing t.e.o.?

We could do that with a file "robots.txt", located in the root of t.e.o.:

http://test.evolt.org/robots.txt

containing (exactly) the following:

Disallow: /

which tells *all* robots *not* to index *anything* (not all SE obey, but G
certainly does)

(Currently, there *is* a robots.txt there --as you can tell by clicking the
link above--, but it only excludes certain content, not the entire t.e.o.)

> And also, how do you feel about making it less accessible from the web,
such
> as putting a blank index page over the top...?

"Security through obscurity..."

--Sure, why not! ;-)

Marcel