[theforum] wiki uploads

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Sun Nov 30 12:06:33 CST 2008

Simon MacDonald wrote:
> Currently uploads are not allowed to the wiki.
<snip>
> uploads would handle it initially. If  excessive abuse is noticed then maybe
> restrict to an uploadsallowed user group[2]
> Views?

Simon has structured our wiki (linked in the footer) so we can start
working in it.   I went in and started working on it yesterday.  Email
me offlist if I do stuff wrong, I'm a wiki-newbie.

The file upload issue came up for me yesterday in the oh-so-important
realm of loading a giant (iow bigger than 180x90) image of myself on my
user page.

It probably would be useful in other instances such a uploading our logo
files, and/or wireframes, etc.  So if it could happen in a way that
would not disrupt the system or its caretakers,  that would be nice.

Erika