[theforum] WYSIWYG Editor

adrinux adrinux at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 06:04:30 CST 2009

2009/1/30 Martin Burns <martin at easyweb.co.uk>:
> Of course it could be done, but I think
> 1) Our author audience wouldn't see HTML writing as a barrier
> 2) It's an idiot filter - if you can't write HTML, or work out the 'filtered HTML' option, then the chances of you being able to submit something worthwhile are pretty slim
> 3) Need to be convinced that wsiwyg editors cope with inline code
All good points as far as articles go, especially with most articles
probably being written off site then pasted in.

But comments are a bit different. Something like wymeditor* might be
nice for our audience - and lets not forget it can be optional. I'm
not aware of any wysiwyg editors that offer live code highlighting,
that would be awesome :)  But IIRC wymeditor either offers a code
'container' (it will put code tags in) or allows you to make one.

Still, I'm not sold on the need for one.

And at a slight tangent, FWIW I've also taken a liking to geshi**,
over codefilter (which we currently use I think).

* Not yet ready for D6 though: http://drupal.org/project/wymeditor

** module: http://drupal.org/project/geshifilter
   library: http://qbnz.com/highlighter/

--