[theforum] WYSIWYG Editor

aardvark evolt at roselli.org
Mon Feb 2 13:15:45 CST 2009

On 30 Jan 2009 at 23:47, adrinux wrote:
[...]
> Why do you ask? If your thinking FCKeditor produces better code,
> that's not really true these days. Besides, the wise Drupal admin adds
> an input filter like htmlawed [2,3] to any input format with a wysiwyg
> attached, both for security reasons and to get squeaky clean html.
[...]

i was thinking that, yes, but it's been a while since i evaluated
TinyMCE or the others...

frankly, my biggest concern is that someone writes MS Word content
(or pulls stuff from HTML emails, web pages, etc.), pastes it in and
walks away... i'm not familiar with the server-side scrubbers
(htmLawed) on Drupal, so i was thinking solely about the editor
itself and its capacity to clean much of that...