[theforum] Design by community

Erika Meyer ekm at seastorm.com
Fri Feb 20 11:12:08 CST 2009

adrinux wrote:
> More like "surveying your users *during* and after design and making
> adjustments". That's what made it a bit novel, a bit scary to think of
> and why I (and others) thought they were crazy to do it.

Adrian, though I haven't read the article (yet) (my 'net connection is
brief atm... and my attention span briefer) but it sounds a lot like the
"open source" mentality that I *do* think we have here at evolt.org...
(glances at article... oh it's about drupal, an open source project, ok
then)

It also sounds a bit like how writers often solicit feedback as they are
finishing a piece of writing... different than open source but riffing
off some of the same principles.. "given enough eyes all bugs are shallow"

We *have* been soliciting feedback (I have) but mostly on theforum.
However, the survey we sent out was related to design, and went to the
whole list.

Erika