[theforum] Damn those guys at The Planet

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Wed Jul 29 23:09:25 CDT 2009

Our friggin hosting provider!

First, while we get a measly terabyte of bandwidth per month (not that
we need or use most of it) now they go and offer ten terabytes per month
free on new servers -- bitches ...what about us?

THEN! While I must've wasted three solid *weeks* of my life this year
remotely installing one, then a second, Debian-based operating system
new evolt servers from the Planet because they had at some point simply
decided to quietly drop offering Debian on new servers, now they go and
flip-flop on that decision in a big way, and now they are offering
Debian 4 (etch), 5 (lenny) *and* Ubuntu "8.x" and "9.x"! (pre-installed
and free of cost (of course)).  Can you believe the nerve??

   http://www.theplanet.com/Promotions/10TB-Bandwidth/

(Now if we could just get our shit off the old Debian sarge box (and
onto our new box (before, you know, we run out of money & stuff) well
that'd just be just great too.)

-dave